centro outdoor - park by bjt
Borghi delle Rocche - Priocca


A small village developed in lenght, dominated by the imposing parish Church, that stand out on the top of the hill.  The belfry, 40 meters high, and rebuilt in neo-gothic style, marks Priocca from afar.  


-Santo Stefano. Parish church that earlier was castle's chapel, is mentioned for the first time in 1345, when it was under the control of San Vittore, main church in the primary settlement of Priocca. Rebuilt in neogothic shapes in 1905-1908. The bell tower, 40 meters high, was finished in 1923.

-San Vittore. Ancient church that swore allegiance to the Bishop of Asti in 1401, parts of the medieval central and left naves and proto-Romanesque apses survives. The apse of the left nave contains a fresco from the second half of the 14th century. Nowadays the church is absorbed in a private yard, but is still visited.

San Silverio
Rural chapel in the south area of the territory, next to Castellinaldo, is mentioned as "de Curmurio" in a document of 1242. According to the oral tradition, close to the church there was a leper hospital for people sick of cholera. Was completely rebuilt in 1922. 

Share this article
PRINT    This page is optimized for printing A4